Kernel Patches and System Hardening
Some distributions include security hardening tools and kernel modifications, you should be able to find most of them linked from here or the distribution site itself.
You can find more resources by digging through our security resources.
- Openwall: security enhanced distribution.Home of tools and kernel patches.
- Extended ACLs: kernel patches and tools
- RSBAC: Rule Set Based Access Control
- PaX: kernel patch: randomize stack, etc
- grsecurity System Hardening: many patches and tools (includes PaX)
- Bastille Linux