Secure Coding & Protection
Some tools can help protect software binary code, even from flaws that have not been discovered yet! And there are always ways of defeating any protection... But that is no excuse for being complacent.
- Immunix: Stackguard(stack protection for GCC) and other tools
- How to defeat the above..., and many more like (writing anti-ids shellcode and getting around non-executable stack...)
- Another way of defeating them
- Exec Shield: a newer way of protecting the code with a kernel patch and tool (also kernel 2.6)
- chroot ssh: run ssh in a chroot environment!
- rootkit hunter: detect backdoors and rootkit!
The Open Web Application Security Project has some useful resources, including a top 10 web applcication vulnerability. See also 30+ free tools to improve security for your website and your visitors.
Secure Programs "provides a set of design and implementation guidelines for writing secure programs for Linux and Unix systems."